Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Motivation

I did it! I finally got out and ran, I did something for once. Last night I went out to play ball and then on my way home I was riding the vb high and decided that I should go for a run. I'm not a runner, nor do I claim to be a runner. In fact, I loath running but I did it. I came home from playing ball and I ran a mile, go me! I know, I know a mile is nothing but the fact that I acted on my motivation made me feel good. It made me feel accomplished. Ya know the running wasn't all that bad either, I mean sure it wasn't easy, but I didn't feel like I was going to keel over and die. The energy that I felt from doing something that my body was clearly craving made me feel good, so I'm going to try this out and see where it gets me. Plus its a good excuse to wear my favorite sneakers, the oh so comfy purple shoes that I just HAD to have. :)
Now if you're anything like me you find almost any excuse not to work out, I've found that headaches are my top excuse. Last night I made a commitment to go play vb with some friends. I had a giant headache when I left, but I went anyways because made a commitment to my friends. (guess what, working out got rid of my headache!) I'm going to attempt this in this journey with you guys. I'm going to make the commitment to myself to work out and make concious efforts to become healthier. I'm also going to make the commitment to you guys that I will make the effort to become healthier.
Here's to friends and motivation, I'm doing this for me but I'm also doing it for you.

1 comment:

  1. I think that's great! I don't run nearly as much as I used to, but I do recall the great sense of achievement once I was finished.

    I'm getting back into running now as well. We can do this together. :)

    ReplyDelete

Encouragement? We need it!